Hon. Mr. Justice William Ouko, CBS, SCJ
Justice of the Supreme Court of Kenya
Date of Appointment to the Supreme Court of Kenya: 21st May 2021
- Registry Management regarding the administrative function – in coordination with the Supreme Court Registrar and includes institutional organization of the court as well as the Judges and staff well-being.
- Leader of the Security Team; liaising with the relevant Government agencies and the Judicial Service Commission to enhance security of the entire Judiciary
- Model and implement a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program in the Court.
- Ensure a conducive working environment.
- Oversee the safety and security in the building; security of the Judges, their homes and of the staff while at the workplace, as well as safety and security of those coming to Court.
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the budget of the Court.
- Resource mobilization for the Court.
- Liaison with the Salaries & Remuneration Commission through the Judicial Service Commission or the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary on the terms and conditions of service of the Justices of the Court.
- In conjunction with the CRJ, SCR and the Kenya Judiciary Staff Association (KJSA), to oversee the welfare of the Court’s staff